Aims, scope and topics
The conference takes place in the Year of Combatting Poverty and Social Exclusion initiated by the European Union. The objective of this conference is to offer a forum for new developments and applications of estimating poverty and social exclusion, income indicators and the analysis of the quality of those indicators.
The conference is partly funded by the European Commission within the AMELI project, project numer 217322.
Leading scientists, experienced researchers and practitioners will come together to exchange knowledge and to build scientific contacts. The number of participants is restricted to about 80.
All aspects of survey analysis are welcomed, including (but not limited to) developments in the areas listed below.
Indicators as political instruments
- The Policy’s needs for indicators
Quality of indicators
- Estimation and variance estimation for indicators
- Robust estimation of indicators
- Small area estimation for indicators
Data analysis and visualisation in the data production process
- Explanatory data analysis
- Visualisation of categorical data
- Diagnostics for models, outliers, missing values and imputed values
- Multivariate graphics
Visualisation for a better understanding by the end user
- Visualisation of aggregated data
- Visualisation of indicators
- Mapping, GIS
Resampling methods and software
- Data-driven statistical inference
- Software development and (interactive) tools for data
- Analysis, visualisation and estimation for indicators and survey analysis
You are invited to submit an abstract related to one of those topics or to similar topics.